Cucumber salad with chives in yogurt
Takes about 20 minutes to prepare
A very easy dish
All quite newfangled and healthy I feel.
A bunch of ciboulette (chives) and a bit of persil (parsley)
A large cucumber
Half a lemon
A large natural yogurt, about 8 large spoons
4 large spoons of crème fraiche
Salt and pepper
Dried citron bits if you have them
A dash of honey
How to Cook
1. Peel and slice the cucumber.
2. Place in a tray and heavily salt. Leave for 15 minutes.
3. In another large bowl add the yogurt, crème fraiche, a teaspoon of honey, salt, pepper, juice of half a lemon, dried lemon if you have it, and half of the chives diced up. Stir.
4. After 15 minutes pour water in the cucumber dish, rinse and pour the water away. This will remove most of the salt, but some will have sunk into the cucumbers. Add the cucumbers to the dish of cream.
5. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve. This dish works best if all the ingredients except the herbs have been in the fridge for a while beforehand.
Goes deliciously with a gentle white wine.